Race Day Outline
Sunday, June 11, 2023
- 4:00 am – Roads Closed
- 5:15-6:45 am – Transition Area Opens
- 6:00-6:30 am – Pre-race Swim
- 6:45 am – Half Transition Closes
- 6:45 am – Course Meeting
- 7:00 am – Half Distance Races Start
- 7:30 am – Olympic Transition Closes
- 8:00 am – Olympic Distance Races Start
- 9:30 am – Swim Course Cut-off
- 10:00 am – Transition Opens for Athletes to Remove Gear
- 12:30 pm – Bike Course Cut-off
- 3:30 pm – Run Course Cut-off/Race Ends
- 5:00 pm – Roads Re-Open
IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST have all your gear in transition by the 7 AM race start time. Athletes will not be able to place items in transition after the race has started so as to avoid interfering with athletes while they are competing.
PLEASE NOTE: For Swim Waves, each swim wave will receive a different cap color. Waves will be based on distance, sex and age. Swim wave start times will be posted at packet pickup.
REMEMBER: Your age is race age (as of 12/31/2023) not your age today!
Race Start Times/Swim Waves
Swim Starts will be a Time Trial start with athletes lining up 2×2 according to pace per 100m & 100 yards. Line up behind the sign that indicated your predicted swim pace.
With the longer day on Sunday, we are pleased to have Papa K’s of Ada providing delicious pizzas to our finishers as well as the NEW beer tent with brews by Gravel Bottom Craft Brewery.
Weather Cancellation Policy
While we will make every effort to start and continue our event on race day at the scheduled time, weather is unpredictable. The decision to delay or cancel an event is not made solely by the race directors. It is made in conjunction with Sheriff, Medical and local meteorologists
For information on what will happen in the event of inclement weather, please review our Weather Policy (PDF).
For more information about the Grand Rapids Triathlon please contact us here.