Race Day Outline
Saturday, June 10, 2023
- 4:00 am – Roads Closed
- 5:15-6:45 am – Transition Area Opens
- 6:00-6:30 am – Pre-race Swim
- 6:45 am – Transition Closes
- 6:45 am – Course Meeting
- 7:00 am – Sprint Distance Races Start
- 8:00 am – Super Sprint Distance Races Start
- 8:00 am – Transition Re-Opens for Athletes to Remove Gear
- 8:30 am – Swim Course Cut-off
- 9:30 am – Bike Course Cut-off
- 10:30 am – Run Course Cut-off/Race Ends
- 11:30 am – Roads Re-Open
IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST have all your gear in transition by the 7 AM race start time. Athletes will not be able to place items in transition after the race has started so as to avoid interfering with athletes while they are competing.
PLEASE NOTE: For Swim Waves, each swim wave will receive a different cap color. Waves will be based on distance, sex and age. Swim wave start times will be posted at packet pickup.
REMEMBER: Your age is race age (as of 12/31/2023) not your age today!
Race Start Times/Swim Waves
Swim Starts will be a Time Trial start with athletes lining up 2×2 according to pace per 100m & 100 yards. Line up behind the sign that indicated your predicted swim pace.
Weather Cancellation Policy
While we will make every effort to start and continue our event on race day at the scheduled time, weather is unpredictable. The decision to delay or cancel an event is not made solely by the race directors. It is made in conjunction with Sheriff, Medical and local meteorologists
For information on what will happen in the event of inclement weather, please review our Weather Policy (PDF).
For more information about the Grand Rapids Triathlon please contact us here.